Tuesday, May 19, 2009

we're closed!

As of friday, we are not only home owners, but landlords. LOL.
The current previous ;) owners are still living there through today, as a "temporary leaseback". IF they aren't out by tomorrow morning, they owe us $50 rent per day that they are there. But they got their new house today and expect to be out by tonight. I sure hope that's the case (though $50 would be nice. LOL).
In any event, things are moving right along on the packing, so that's great. We are nearly packed up (this weekend was a bust as I had a wedding and 3 photoshoots in 2 days), and the refinishing projects are moving right along. We have no more primer-white furniture, thank goodness. We are now on to either black and poly coated, or black, and needing poly. The table is what is left to poly, and tonight I want to drill holes in the drawers of the side table to install the new hardware I bought for it. I HATE having so many unfinished projects around the house, but at the same time, I know that I'm at a "hurry up and wait" spot right now b/c of us not having access to the house yet.

1 comment:

MaryAnne said...

Congrats on the house, hope the move goes smoothly!